1.2.11

Plump Yo' Pout

Bigger lips=hotter mouth.

Don't believe me?
Who would you rather make out with?  Angelina Jolie or Jodi Foster?
 That is, if you were a guy, a lesbian, or drunk in college. 
 (Assuming the majority of my audience is female)

I have done makeup on models with lip injections many times.  Some look great, some look fake, and then there are the ones that look uneven...and lumpy.  So temporarily, until a more natural remedy comes out, I have a couple tips on creating the illusion of fuller lips, as well as a couple of plumping products that I recommend.

Makeup Artist Jodi to the Max out of Atlanta did a great job here in creating a fuller lip.
And thank you lighting, spray tan...and photoshop for the rest of the look.  PHOTO: Seraphim Studios


Just as you would contour your face to create cheekbones and highlight the areas you want to stick out, you can also play with light and dark to shape your lips.
  Here is a step by step guide if you have no idea what I am talking about.
1.) Start with a lip pencil the same shade as your natural lips.  Outline your lips where they meet your normal skin- no clown-mouth!  Lightly fill in the lips especially at the corners creating your lips distinct shape. 
2.) Lightly feather the outside of your lips with either a concealer (Lighter than your natural skin tone) Or CARGO's magnificent reverse lipliner.  (It hi-lights the area around your lips )
3.) Apply your lip color as you normally would (I prefer a creamy lipstick applied with a lip brush)
4.) Put a small dot of concealer on the center of your bottom lip and rub together.  (Creates fullness)
5.) Add a tiny dollop of clear gloss, centering it on your lips. 

                         Voila!   

I have tried alot, I mean A LOT of lip plumpers out there on the market.  Essentially they all do the same thing- create bloodflow to the lips using oils or ingredients that may irritate or cause swelling.  All results are subtle and last only an hour or two but hey they sure beat chapstick.  Here are my top 3:


  •  Lip Venom by DuWop- Stings a little, but effective.  Uses oils such as wintergreen to increase circulation to the lips.
  • Lip Fusion- Pricey but smells fantastic and is creamy and moisturizing.  Comes in some great colors and has subtle plumping effects.
My Personal Favorite
 ( I may as well factor it into my monthly budget because I go through it like I go through TP)

Buxom Lips by Bare Minerals.  $18 at Sephora;  It is all natural (no parabens, sulfates, etc) infused with antioxidants and minerals.  Comes in an array of fabulous shades, smells great and you can feel the cooling, tingling sensation when you apply it.  Its really fun to sip off of a guys beer and then notice how he starts to feel it too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment